Welcome to Riggs Washington DC
To step inside our soaring entrance is to become a part of the past, present, and future of the Penn Quarter. Constructed in 1891 as a headquarters for Riggs National Bank, the landmark example of Richardson Romanesque architecture was known as the Bank of Presidents, and resides at the intersection not just of 9th and F Street, but of American history.
Lore Group wanted to revive this iconic building, the last of its kind, for a new generation of travelers and open its doors to a burgeoning neighborhood. Locals and visitors alike are invited to relax into one of our 181 jewel-box rooms and suites, or sip on a globally-influenced cocktail at the Silver Lyan bar. Gathering spaces fill the hotel, from the grand Café Riggs to Rooftop at Riggs, the perfect place to take in sweeping views of this incredible city. Riggs Washington DC respects the building’s storied history, while establishing itself as a new kind of hospitality offering – one that’s destined to become a DC classic.
Explore the carefully chosen details that make Riggs Washington DC more than a hotel.
- 181 spacious rooms, including 15 suites, each featuring custom, state-of-the-art furniture and fixtures.
- Cafe Riggs, a reimagined all-day restaurant and bar, offers a modern take on the traditional European brasserie, featuring a locally-sourced all-day menu, coffee and juice daytime counter, full-service cocktail bar and lounge, and decadent weekend brunch.
- A public place for private affairs, subterranean cocktail bar Silver Lyan aims to set a new standard for the innovative D.C. drinks scene.
Rooftop at Riggs, offering cocktails and small bites accompanied by unparalleled sunset views of the Capitol.
24-Hour Room Service from Cafe Riggs’ curated offering.
- Best-in-class hospitality.
- Flexible, thoughtfully-designed meeting and event spaces.
- The Gym at Riggs, equipped with state-of-the-art strength training and cardio offerings, including Peloton bikes — open 24 hours.
- Valet parking.
- Daily complimentary coffee and tea.
- Pet-Friendly for canines up to 40 lbs.